Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bonjour, Spring!

Hello friends! This is my first "real" blog post! Hooray!


Let me introduce myself. My name is Bonnie and I attend the University of North Texas, where I study Fashion Merchandising. Before I transformed into a "fashionista", I was a thespian. Theatre is still something that I am passionate about today, and my love of fashion stemmed from my love of costume. My favorite eras are the Baroque and the Victorian, and my style is heavily influenced by the 1950s and 1960s. I try to buy indie designer, vintage and recycled pieces as often as possible, but I indulge in fast fashion as well! I love thrifting, especially since I'm a college student on a tight budget.

(I'm also quite silly. Anyone looking for a pinup model?)

I started this blog as a way to document my outfits, journal my life experiences and discuss my interests in various art forms.


I apologize for the lack of outfit pictures here! It was so windy today that I ended up choking on my (recently dyed) hair in nearly every photo (see above), and my collar and dress were all over the place.

P.s. I was recently featured in a university style blog, University of Vogue . Check it out!

Have a wonderful week! Thank you so much for visiting!

Wearing: thrifted blouse, forever21 dress, urban outfitters flower pin and shoes

6 comments:

  1. Even if it was windy your outfit photos are cute! I like your eye makeup and the bright colors. It looks sunny there, I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite sunny! And warm... Too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your style and the retro feel to your outfit! and how cool that you study Fashion Merchandising -- it's something i've always been interested in too! :)

    cute & little
    check out my TIKKR watch giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome! you've got a great style and i love your haircut. looking forward to following on your style blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee I was making all sorts of wind-related blunders this week too. At least your underwear isn't showing in these photos!

    ReplyDelete